file type support and fine scrubbing (Projekktor Core)
We are developing a django based Media Asset Management and multiple channel digital television system (Open source of course) named OTVA (open tv architecture) and we are searching for a media player usefull to manage clips during the ingesting procedure.
People have to load clip (90% of times mpeg files ... mpeg2 or mpeg4) from the video editing workstation to the storage area network (a simple NAS :D) and provide some information for next stages (tags, video name, season, etc).
But they also have to provide information about commercial break in and out points and the system have to store in the DB the lenght of the "movie".
So my idea was:
1) click the browsw button
2) load the clip on the projector media player
3) copy that clip on the destination folder (NAS) in background
4) let the operator mark the in-out point (need to fine scrub the movie, prev frame e nxt frame would be usefull)
5) let the operator fill the required fields (tag, movie name, etc.)
6) at the pressure of the INGEST button create a record in the DB with those info and the lenght of the movie extracted from projector
so my questions are:
1) which file types projector supports (need to have codecs on host machine?)?
2) projector have fine scrubbing capabilities? (previous frame next frame)?
3) can i extract info from projector object like lenght and mark points?
Thanks for your time and for the one just courios here is the otva github: